Advanced YouTube provides a shortcode to easily insert a YouTube video to a post. This plugin will generate a W3C valid embed code, and provides options for customizing the video player. This plugin is released under GPL. Credit is highly appreciated. When linking to this plugin, please link to this post instead of the download link. PLEASE REPORT ALL BUGS!
To insert a video, use the following code:
Changing the default options are not recommended, since you can easily mess up the entire plugin by changing it to something bad. Most of the options are self explanatory. When embedding videos, YouTube requires 2 colors to be set. The default colors are
999999. You can change the size of the video. The recommended, also the default, is 560 by 340. Note that making this too big might result in bad quality.
Version 0.1.2 – Current Version
- iPhone and iPod Touch compatible
- Semi-feed compatible (inserts image)
- Apologies, I forgot to escape the & signs, and therefore, it wasn’t W3C valid. This have been fixed.
Version 0.1 – Not available. Please use 0.1.1
- Basic features implemented
- Option to choose custom colors and size
- Option to show related videos and borders
- Option to show video in “Privacy Enhanced Mode.”