WordPress Tweeter is a plugin that will update your twitter account every time you make a new post on your blog. You will be able to use your own tweet template. This plugin is released under GPL. Credit is highly appreciated. When linking to this plugin, please link to this post instead of the download link. PLEASE REPORT ALL BUGS!
To setup WordPress Tweeter, go to Settings -> WP Tweeter. From there, you can configure the options for your Twitter account.
- %blogtitle% – blog title
- %posttitle% – title of post
- %url% – URL of blog homepage
- %posturl% – URL of blog post
- %date% – Date when the post is published or updated
- %time% – Time when the post is published or updated
- %tags% – Includes the tags as twitter hashtags (since 0.6.3)
Parameters are useful when tracking where an user comes from. If the parameter is source=twitter, the url will link to http://www.fusionswift.com/?source=twitter. There are couple of tags that can be used inside the Parameter field.
- %blogtitle% – title of the blog, provided as “title-of-the-blog”
- %posttitle% – title of the post, provided as “title-of-the-post”
- %date% – provided as yyyymmdd
- %time% – provided as hhiiss
Tweet When Post Updated
There is an option to tweet when a post is updated. If this is enabled, it is recommended to use either %time% or %date% in the update tweet template, since it may result in a duplicate tweet.
The new tweet feature, which can be found at Tools -> New Tweet, allows you to tweet from right inside WordPress.
- Tweet to multiple twitter accounts
- Include category in tweet
If there is a feature that you would like to have implemented, please leave it in a comment. View Changelog